75 years ago -How one incident caused 47 patients to die at the Oregon State Hospital

"Within 22 hours, according to the report submitted by Lidbeck and his colleagues, the poison was identified as sodium fluoride, and it was found only in cooked eggs at Oregon State Hospital.
Sodium fluoride is commonly used in insecticides and in rat and cockroach poisons. It is a quick-acting white substance that might easily be mistaken for flour, baking powder, or powdered milk. Ingesting a minuscule amount can be fatal.
But how did it get in the eggs? And was it intentional or accidental?
The story unraveled when the hospital's assistant cook stepped forward with a confession. He had sent a patient to a basement storeroom for powdered milk and the patient mistakenly brought back roach poison that was mixed in the scrambled eggs."

Read more in the link~http://www.kcentv.com/news/local/how-one-incident-caused-47-patients-to-die-at-the-oregon-state-hospital/493039445?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a11c31e3ed3f0000727d050&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review of "Protecting Paradise"

A New form of Botulism or something more deadly?

Whitiangi incident 28/11/2017