Vet calls for investigation after family hospitalised from eating wild pork

What are your thoughts?  Wild boar may have poisoned Putaruru family ?
"A vet is calling for an investigation into a toxin in wild pigs that affects dogs and might also make humans sick.
Subi Babu remains in a critical care in Waikato hospital, while her husband and mother-in-law are in a stable condition.
Vet Jenni Peterson said dogs suffer from an illness commonly known as "Go Slow" when they eat wild pork.
Ms Peterson said within minutes they collapse and get the shakes.
She said it was worrisome very little was known about the toxin, and there had been no investigation into whether humans can also suffer."

Go Slow/Droopy dog - A veterinary scientist's PhD thesis investigating the link between poisoned plant-eating pigs and a mystery canine disorder has won the Massey University Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) finalds held today at the Manawatu Campus


Popular posts from this blog

Review of "Protecting Paradise"

A New form of Botulism or something more deadly?

Whitiangi incident 28/11/2017